Former Ethiopia’s Somali Region President Abdi Omar Arrested
By Abdiqafar Bedel,
Former Ethiopian Somali regional state president, Abdi Mohamed Omer, has been arrested.
He was arrested at his home located around Atlas Hotel while other news state that he was under house arrest.
In an extraordinary session it held yesterday, the Council of Ethiopian Somali regional state stripped immunity of seven of its members, including Abdi Mohamed Omer.
The Council lifted their immunity on suspicion of having links with recent violence in the regional state.
Below is list of members of the Council who lost their immunity:
- Abdi Mohamed Omer –Former Chief Administrator of Ethiopian Somali regional state
- Abdijemal Kelonbi- Head of Justice Bureau
- Rahma Mohammed – Head of Women’s and Children’s Bureau
- Ibrahim Mehd- Head of Education Bureau
- Dek Abdulahi –Deputy Head of Water Resource Development Bureau
- Ibrahim Mohammed Mubarek – Mayor of Jigjiga
- Omer Abdi – Political Affairs Head of Ethiopian Somali People Democratic Party (ESPDP)